8.06.2011

Fashion Illustration

A Work of Art
So whilst I was in Paris, me and my family decided to pay a visit to the famous flea market, Les Puces de Saint-Ouen, because we had never been there before and I had heard a lot about it.  I loved it! It's insanely huge but there really is something for everyone (from antiques and art decor, to vintage fashion boutiques). There's supposed to be something like 2,000 stalls in the flea market, making the it the biggest in Europe, and I don't even think we saw half of it!  Anyway, whilst I was browsing through, I came across this fashion illustration stall, and had a look through the stuff.  I fell in love with so many of the sketches, but I didn't want to spend too much money so I decided on one:


This one really caught my attention.  It reminded me very much of Coco Chanel because of the suit and the whole sense of glamorous power dressing, and I knew I had to have it.  What makes it even more special is that it was painted by an artist in 1963, so I have an original copy.  Now I have to decide where on my wall I should hang it, or if there's even any point, because I'm moving into my halls for university in a month's time...!  More photos of France still to come :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow that's gorgeous.. I love how they've used the blue background as the skin colour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flea markets are incredible; I hope in earnest that they never "die out". What a wonderful illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is amazing. So lush to look at.

    Helen, X
    http://areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (: