11.05.2011

Uni Project #2


Shirt Design
For the past few weeks, we have been learning how to use industrial sewing machines in our Womenswear class.  We started out with the basics, like threading and using the overlockers, before making a sample shirt.  We then had to come up with a bunch of designs and choose a final design to make in the workshop.  We had a week to make it. From scratch.
I don't know about you, but I'm not gifted when it comes to sewing... specially pattern cutting.. it's all a bit like maths to me.  Nevertheless, I gave it a good go, and I'm very proud of myself!
When we were finished making hte shirt, we were told to photograph it in the style of a British high street store of our choice - Topshop for us - and edit it in the style of iD magazine.  Here are some pictures of the photoshoot from it.  Oh, and there are meant to be buttons on the front.. but the button machine was only available to use on deadline-day... Hope you like it!
NOTE: The themes given to us were Scottish Heritage & Royalty.



1 comment:

  1. I think you did a great job !

    plentyy lovee & swaag
    xoxo, Shariece

    http://beautyorswaag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (: